Why would an introverted electrical engineer leave her successful and lucrative career in high tech to join the team at a small nonprofit, and how did she go from being part of the team to running the entire organization? Since March is Multiple Sclerosis Awareness month, I thought it would be a neat idea to interview Sara Loud, the CEO of Accelerated Cure Project. Not only will we hear about Sara’s surprising career change, we’ll also learn how an innovative approach to sharing research results is speeding up efforts towards finding a cure for M.S.
OH, and one last thing. Sara and I are both introverts–INTJs on Meyers Briggs. It’s so rare to have two INTJ women in the same space at the same time, we had to talk a little about what it’s like to be an introverted leader and the challenges that arise when you’re succeeding a leader who has the opposite personality type. How do you stay true to your introverted preferences when the world often rewards extroversion? We’ll explore that and more in this episode.
📌 Check out our Pinterest Board about Multiple Sclerosis
As CEO of Accelerated Cure Project, Sara Loud ensures delivery of research resources to scientists studying multiple sclerosis.
Passionate about the integration of people into “people-powered” research, Sara combines a love of technology, business expertise, and social enterprise into her work, most recently focusing on the development of iConquerMS™, a people-powered research network for multiple sclerosis.
Sara holds a BS/MS in electrical engineering from Northeastern University and a MBA from Babson College.
🔗 Connect with Accelerated Cure Project:
- Website: https://acceleratedcure.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AcceleratedCureProject
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/AcceleratedCure
🔗 Connect with iConquerMS™:
- Website: https://iConquerMS.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iConquerMS/
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/iconquerms
📚 Recommended Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
- Introvert Power: Why Your Inner Life Is Your Hidden Strength by Laurie Helgoe
- Free Online Meyers-Briggs Personality Quiz
The Your Nonprofit Life Podcast is produced by the
Learn more about the Nonprofit Leadership Lab and
our exclusive online community “The Village”: