Teri Todd got her start at a local newspaper working in the advertising and sales department. Eventually, she found her way to the nonprofit sector and never looked back. She currently serves as the Director of Development at the Children’s Protection Center in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Children’s Protection Center is a child-friendly facility where professionals work together to protect and treat child abuse victims and their families, to prevent child abuse in all its forms, and to hold offenders accountable.
During our conversation, Teri and I not only discuss the work done at the CPC, but we also get into her own journey into nonprofit leadership and what compels her to a career in fundraising and marketing for such an amazing organization.
Teri is both creative and passionate when it comes to donor cultivation and board engagement. She has figured out how to leverage her board members’ gifts and hobbies to help them fulfill their fiduciary responsibilities with excitement and panache!
🎧 Click here to listen to this week’s episode:
📌 Check out our Pinterest Board for Helping Children in Crisis
Photos from one of CPC’s Dragon Boat Race fundraising events:
Introducing BEAR, the black Golden Doodle!
Teri Todd has almost 20 years of nonprofit experience, specializing in fundraising and community development — particularly in the areas of operations, and marketing. She attended the University of Central Arkansas for both her undergraduate and graduate studies and is an extremely engaged
Teri is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.® and an active volunteer with the American Heart Association, the historic Ralph Bunche Neighborhood Association and is a Sustainer with her local Junior League.
Teri is an avid tennis player and also loves advocating for the sport in Arkansas. In addition to their new puppy, Bear, she and her husband, Jerald, have a 20 year-old son, Jared – and a cat, Sammie.
Connect with Children’s Protection Center:
- Organization Website: https://www.childrensprotectioncenter.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChildrensProtectionCenter/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cpc_littlerock/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CPCLittleRock
- CPC Dragon Race Fundraiser:
2020 River Cities Dragon Boat Festival
Additional Links & Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Chad Ozias, Care House of Oakland County
- Disc Golf: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_golf
- Clay Shooting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clay_pigeon_shooting
- Dragon Boat Racing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_boat
- Fundraise with Dragon Boat Racing: http://www.racedragonboats.com/